Playa'


Sunday, March 16, 2008

The truth about 'judging' =)

I have one friend of mine, he's a makeup artist & he used to doing my make-up 'thing once a week, for my regular "side-job".
When I first met him I almost ensured myself that he might be just the same...like others. I mean for the 'identity' and one more thing, for his mind or his point of living the world. I thought he was the same like other makeup artists that I know. //wait-don't get me wrong; I'm not gonna talk bout other people's business yah; this is for another topic" ^^//
======================
======================
I was having myself on a bad-mood that time. Not to mention it was my first day doing the side work., well yess I felt such an awkward' feelings for being there; cos I was really hope that I didn't have to do this, before I change my point of view by took it for my own savings-haha*
That was the time when I knew I was totally wrong. I was being a snobbish one, who thought like I must be the poorest one-in the world. Nobody knows what/how was it feel.
>>> He, is really a He". =p . Yup! He's a man, straight one. I couldn't believe that I almost claimed him for a gay' one; but nope. He really is a man. ha ha! How shameful...

But then again while we're waiting for me to start, me & mom was having chit-chat with him. (well mostly I just heard both of them share things, though =p)
And!
He told us that apparently there's some reason why was he taking job as a makeup artist. His mother, she is sick and need somebody to take care of her. Check up, then Re-check up again; with sort of condition they have; He decided to resign from his main job.
(OhMyGod) He works on an Oil-department at Singapore. He's a Diploma! and he was in his 'so-Fine' position. It's his dream which he always wanted to achieve.
He dedicated himself to take care of his mother; thats why he quited. It was a decision-wise; he said. Guess what;
basically he doesn't know how to do make-up at all; and never in his mind that he'd take the job as his current profession till now.
He has no choice. His closest friend & this is near his house as well; all gave him the same advice.. Make up artist is only for more of his income...to save.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was for him too for the first time there. It's a Pressure behind him. *and I swear I knew how it felt*
He told me no-longer after that he realized that this is the life he has to take. Reflected back he knows his mom would needed him too.
By then, he was able to work his job as a makeup artist.
In fact, his previous office has told him for whenever he wants to come back; he's already work. =)
Besides, I just know too..that he's an active-volunteer at UNDP. The way he speak his mind; such a smart persona. Yet he even got another diploma for Medical-development for Animal.!.
Wow... >> I even asked question about taking care of my pet << and he was very kind on giving me lots of advices about Volunteering.
===================================================

*gosh.... How shameful I am. This is really true. Don't ever judge any books by it's cover.
It's Totally a Snobbish' thought.
I guess we all can learn from this; I'm sure there'll be another stories there..thousand stories behind somebody's great-life.
and I will keep myself on learning, for sure!! ^-^

1 comment:

Bonanssa Fahrenheit said...

He is such an extraordinary man. I guess it is true that most of the times we just judge everybody even everything from what we see isn't it?


Regards

Boni